calcined petroleum coke prices
1. Calcined petroleum coke prices data
This week (7.22-7.26), the prices of calcined petroleum coke prices in the local refinery went down slightly. According to data, the mainstream average price of domestic refiners calcined petroleum coke prices products was 1335.00 yuan/ton at the beginning of the week, 1310.00 yuan/ton on weekends, and a decrease of 25 yuan/ton during the week, with a weekly increase or decrease of -1.87%.
2. Analysis of influencing factors
This week (7.22-7.26) is as follows:
1. On the supply side: this week, the local refining calcined petroleum coke prices were generally stable, and the downstream enterprises were not actively purchasing at the end of the month. The refineries in Zibo, Shandong require a 30% production limit from August to September, and specific production restrictions have not yet been issued.
2. Upstream crude oil: According to the monitoring of the business agency, US WTI crude oil was US$55.63/barrel at the beginning of the week and US$56.02/barrel at the weekend, with a weekly increase or decrease of 0.70%; Brent crude oil at the beginning of the week was US$62.47/barrel. It was $63.39/barrel over the weekend, with a weekly increase or decrease of 1.47%. The situation in the Middle East continues to ferment, and Iran’s seizure of British tankers has escalated the situation and international oil prices have fluctuated upward.
3. Macro: In June 2019, the Commodity Supply and Demand Index (BCI) of the Business Society was -0.21, with an average increase of -0.33%, reflecting that the manufacturing economy in the month was in a state of contraction compared with the previous month, and the economy was operating steadily.
4. In terms of downstream demand: towards the end of the month, the downstream carbon companies, calcined coke and electrolytic aluminum markets have no obvious positive support, and the downstream mostly purchases on demand.
3. Market outlook forecast
The analysts of Calcined Petroleum Coke Prices predict that the calcined petroleum coke market will go down this week. As the end of the month is approaching, the downstream carbon companies, calcined coke and electrolytic aluminum markets have no obvious positive support, and the downstream mostly purchases on demand; and the end of the month is approaching. , The downstream capital pressure is relatively high; Dongming Petrochemical’s coking plant was suspended for maintenance on July 13, and the Shandong Zibo area refinery required a 30% production limit from August to September; it is expected that the local refinery’s calcined petroleum coke prices may decline slightly in the short term, and the price range may Around 1250-1350 yuan/ton.