Heat source and process of electrode paste sintering
1. Heat source for electrode paste sintering
The electrode has a high carbon content, and its own electrical and thermal conductivity is excellent; the resistance heat generated by the current passing through the electrode itself (the resistance of the ferrosilicon electrode paste is generally about 70, and the resistance of the nickel-iron electrode paste is slightly lower at about 65. In sub-fields, this resistance is still relatively high. You must know that the resistance of the graphite electrode is about 5.); The conduction and radiation of the furnace surface flame (the domestic submerged arc furnace is submerged arc operation, and this operation makes the contact surface more generated. Large heat, then this heat can be conducted by the electrode paste after sintering.)
2. The process of electrode paste sintering. The boundary of the change process of electrode paste during sintering is not very obvious, but in order to facilitate research and control, according to the temperature and position of sintering, it can be roughly divided into three stages:
(1) Softening stage. The temperature rises from 25 degrees to 120-200. It is roughly 50cm above the electric jaw.
(2) The volatilization stage. The temperature rises from 120-200 to 650-750, roughly in the half-ring position.
(3) The sintering stage. The temperature rose from 650-750 to 900-1000.