regular graphite electrode
The basic principle and processing characteristics of regular graphite electrode discharge
1. Basic principle of discharge 1. The regular graphite electrode is close to the surface of the workpiece, and the surface of the workpiece generates high voltage with each other, and the electrolyte begins to ionize into an energy column of plasma.
2. After the energy column is formed, the regular graphite electrode transmits a low voltage to the surface of the workpiece.
3. When electrons flow at both ends of the regular graphite electrode, extremely high heat energy is generated, and hydrogen bubbles are generated under the action of electrochemical reaction.
4. When discharging, the material under the energy column is in a molten state.
5. When at rest, the hydrogen bubble implodes, and this part of the processed liquid vaporizes. The molten material is cooled, solidified and released through the surrounding treatment fluid. 6 At the end of the discharge cycle, a cavity is formed in the workpiece due to the removal of material. This is the smallest unit of EDM, and then the next discharge cycle.
6. Processing characteristics. Large regular graphite electrode or rough machining efficiency is remarkable. The advantages of small regular graphite electrode or finishing are not obvious3. The electrical parameters are completely different from the copper regular graphite electrode.
7. The sheet-shaped regular graphite electrode will not be deformed during discharge 5. Sensitive to current and easily cause abnormal discharge6. The low loss is due to the combination of carbon elements7. The surface roughness does not reach the high standard of copper regular graphite electrode