550mm graphite electrode for arc furnaces suppliers
The production process of 550mm graphite electrode
1. Calcining. Both petroleum coke and pitch coke need to be calcined, and the calcining temperature should reach 1350. C, to fully remove the volatile matter contained in the carbonaceous raw materials, and improve the true density, mechanical strength, and conductivity of the coke.
2. Crushing, screening and batching. The calcined carbonaceous raw materials are crushed and sieved into aggregate particles of a specified size, and part of the coke is ground into fine powder, which is weighed according to the formula and aggregated to form a dry mixture of various particles.
3. Kneading. Under the heating state, the quantitative dry mixture of various particles and the quantitative binder are stirred and mixed and kneaded to form a plastic paste.
4. Forming. Under the action of external pressure or high-frequency vibration, the paste is pressed into a green electrode with a certain shape and higher density.
5. Roasting. Put the green electrode in a special roasting furnace, and use metallurgical coke powder to fill and cover the green electrode, thereby making a roasted carbon electrode.
6. Impregnation. In order to improve the density and mechanical strength of the electrode product, the roasted electrode is put into the high-voltage equipment, the liquid impregnant pitch is pressed into the pores of the electrode, and the second roasting should be carried out after the impregnation.
7. Graphitization. Put the roasted carbon electrode into the graphitization furnace, cover the insulation material, and adopt the heating method of direct energization to generate high temperature, in the range of 2200~3000. Under the high temperature of C, the carbon electrode is transformed into a 550mm graphite electrode with a graphite crystalline structure.
8. Mechanical processing. In accordance with the requirements of use, the 550mm graphite electrode for arc furnaces suppliers blanks were subjected to surface turning, flat end faces and threaded holes for connection, and the joints for connection were processed.
9. After the 550mm graphite electrode for arc furnaces suppliers pass the crystal inspection, package them appropriately and send them to customers.