Analysis and Suggestions on Electrode Paste Accident
1. The electrode paste is unqualified and the volatile content is too low, which will cause premature sintering.
2. Excessive water content will cause material collapse and flame rise, which will burn the sealing and insulating materials, causing the electrode paste in the electrode shell to sinter prematurely and form overburn. During over-burning, the electrode shell is also deformed due to high temperature, and the iron sheet is completely accumulated on the bottom ring due to deformation during pressing and release, forming electrical conduction, thereby piercing the bottom ring and contact elements. Or in the case of sealing and insulation burnout, high-temperature furnace gas enters the shield, and tar is precipitated after condensation, causing a short circuit to pierce the contact element and the bottom ring.
3. The discharge nozzle is seriously damaged, which makes the material surface too high, and the temperature of the furnace surface will rise at the same time. It will also cause the electrode paste in the electrode shell to sinter prematurely and form over-burning.
4. The working end of the electrode is short and buried deeply, causing the electrode position to be too low, and the electrode paste in the electrode shell will also be sintered prematurely to form over-burning.
5. The opening of the air door is not adjusted properly, so that the electrode is sintered prematurely.
6. The 1# electrode is farther into the flue, and the electrode will be heated higher when the high-temperature furnace gas overflows. Easy to form electrode overburn.
7. The electrode consumes a long time without pressing and discharging the electrode.
8. The seal at the bottom ring is damaged.
9. The electrode is too short.
10. The operating current is too large and the secondary voltage is low.
Incident handling suggestions:
After the power failure, the electrode is raised, the shield is removed, the accumulated iron sheet is removed by gas cutting, and the punctured contact element and bottom ring are replaced. Then press the burned electrode below the bottom ring to make a seal,
After insulation and other work, check that there is no error before sending power. After the power is supplied, the ratio of the over-burned electrodes of this phase is lowered to speed up the consumption of the electrodes.
1. The moisture content of raw materials is strictly controlled.
2. The quality of electrode paste is strictly controlled.
3. Strictly control the length of the electrode working end.
4. The operator reasonably adjusts the size of the air door, so that the electrode is not easy to sinter prematurely.
5. Inspect the contact elements and bottom ring water, return water temperature and water volume, and report to the leader on duty if any abnormalities are found.
6. Operators carefully operate.
7. Increasing furnace operation resistance and load increases electrode consumption.
8. Replace the bottom sealing ring.
9. Lower the electrode several lengths at a time, so that the overburned electrode is lowered in place at a time.
10. Keep the electrode length between 2.1-2.4m.
11. Reduce electrode current and increase secondary voltage.
12. Increase the water pressure and flow rate of the inner triangular contact element, and increase the cross-sectional area of the outer triangular contact element and the jellyfish line.