china 550mm graphite electrode for arc furnaces manufacturers
Is china 550mm graphite electrode for arc furnaces manufacturers wear-resistant?
Due to its special structure, graphite has the following special properties:
1) High temperature resistant type: The melting point of graphite is 3850±50℃, and the boiling point is 4250℃. Even if burned by ultra-high temperature arc, the weight loss is very small, and the thermal expansion coefficient is also very small. The strength of graphite increases with the increase of temperature. At 2000°C, the strength of graphite doubles.
2) Electrical and thermal conductivity: The electrical conductivity of graphite is one hundred times higher than that of general non-metallic minerals. The thermal conductivity exceeds that of metal materials such as steel, iron, and lead. Thermal conductivity decreases with increasing temperature, even at very high temperatures, graphite becomes an insulator.
3) Lubricity: The lubricating performance of graphite depends on the size of the graphite flakes. The larger the flakes, the smaller the friction coefficient and the better the lubricating performance.
4) Chemical stability: Graphite has good chemical stability at room temperature, and is resistant to acid, alkali and organic solvent corrosion.
5) Plasticity: Graphite has good toughness and can be grown into very thin flakes.
6) Thermal shock resistance: Graphite can withstand drastic changes in temperature without being damaged when used at room temperature. When the temperature changes suddenly, the volume of graphite will not change much and no cracks will occur.
Of course, China 550mm graphite electrode for arc furnaces manufacturers have all the above properties in addition to better conductivity, so there is no problem.