Electrode soft breaking accident and its treatment
1. Reasons for the soft break of the electrode
(1) The electrode paste contains too much volatile matter.
(2) The iron plate of the motor shell is too thin or too thick. Too thin to withstand external forces and rupture, causing the electrode iron shell to fold or leak and softly break when pressed and placed. Too thick will cause the iron shell and the electrode core to not contact closely and cause the core to cross, which may also cause Soft off.
(3) Poor production of the electrode iron shell or poor welding quality will cause cracks, which will lead to soft breakage or paste leakage.
(4) When the electrode is lowered, the electrode load is not reduced or reduced too little. After the electrode is discharged, the load increases too fast, which will also cause the electrode to softly break (except for large furnaces).
(5) The electrode is lowered too frequently, the interval is too short, or after the electrode is lowered, the electrode is too long and causes soft disconnection.
(6) The electrode paste is not added in time, and the position of the electrode paste is too high or too low, which will also cause the electrode to softly break.
(7) The electrode paste block is too large, and the thick branches and leaves are thick when the paste is added, and they are held on the ribs and are overhead, which may also cause soft fracture.
(8) The operation is not standardized, and the current intensity is too large, which exceeds the carrying capacity of the electrode.
2. How to deal with the soft disconnection of the electrode
(1) Once it is found that the electrode is softly broken, the power should be cut off immediately. The operator should not be too concentrated. The main operator should quickly lower the electrode and go deep into the furnace to try to prevent the electrode paste from flowing out, and quickly loosen the electrode to make it disconnected. Connect the heads, pry off the electrode paste near the electrode, and then send power to burn it with a low load. The soft-broken phase electrode is not allowed to be lifted, the load can be increased according to the firing of the electrode, and it can be fired in about 6-8 hours.
(2) If the broken end cannot be connected, the electrode paste has dried up and there is no possibility of flowing. At this time, some of the electrodes are released and fired at low load. The method is the same as before.
(3) If the electrode tip cannot be connected, the electrode paste is very thin, it may also gush out a lot or the electrode paste flows out too much, which is almost empty. At this time, another bottomed iron shell should be welded to be similar to the electrode tip used when the new furnace is opened. Add new electrode paste and roast according to the previous method, but pay special attention to the amount of electrode air supply and the cooling water volume of the conductive jaw. .