graphite electrode for steelmaking furnace
What are the characteristics of graphite electrode material
Graphite electrode and graphite product materials have the advantages of high processing accuracy and good surface effect, especially in the processing of mold cavities of precision, complex, thin-walled, and high-hard materials. Compared with copper, graphite electrode material has the advantages of less consumption, fast discharge speed, light weight and small thermal expansion coefficient. Therefore, it has gradually replaced copper electrodes and has become the mainstream of electrical discharge machining materials.
(1) Fast speed. The discharge of graphite electrode is 2 to 3 times faster than that of copper discharge. The material is not easy to deform. It has obvious advantages in the processing of thin rib electrodes. The softening point of copper is about 1000 ℃, which is easily deformed by heating. The sublimation temperature of graphite electrode and graphite products It is about 3650℃. In contrast, the thermal expansion coefficient of graphite is only 1/30 of the thermal expansion coefficient of copper; the processing speed of graphite is fast, which is 3 to 5 times the processing speed of copper electrode, and the finishing speed is particularly outstanding, and its High strength, for ultra-high (50~90mm) and ultra-thin (0.2~0.5mm) electrodes, they are not easy to deform during processing. And in many cases, the product needs to have a good texture effect, which requires that the overall common electrode be made as much as possible when making the electrode, and there are various hidden corners when making the overall common electrode. Due to the easy trimming characteristics of graphite, This problem is easy to solve and greatly reduces the number of electrodes, which copper electrodes cannot do.
(2) Lightweight. The density of graphite electrode and graphite products is only 1/5 of the copper density. When large electrodes are used for electrical discharge machining, it can effectively reduce the burden on the machine tool and is more suitable for large mold applications.
(3) The loss is small. Because the spark oil contains carbon atoms, during the electrical discharge machining, the high temperature causes the carbon atoms in the spark oil to be decomposed, and a protective film is formed on the surface of the graphite electrode, which compensates for the loss of the graphite electrode.
(4) No burr. After the copper electrode is processed, it is necessary to manually remove the burrs; while the graphite products are processed without burrs, which not only saves a lot of cost and manpower, but also makes it easier to realize automated production.
(5) Easy to polish. Since the cutting resistance of graphite is only 1/5 of the cutting resistance of copper, it is easier to manually grind and polish in operation. (6) Low cost. Due to the continuous increase in the price of copper in recent years, the price of homogeneous graphite in all aspects is now lower than that of copper; for graphite electrode and graphite products under the same volume conditions, the price of graphite electrode products is 30%-60% lower than that of copper products. %, the price is relatively stable, and short-term price fluctuations are relatively small. CGM New Material Co., Ltd. is a graphite electrode manufacturer, mainly producing graphite electrodes (normal power graphite electrode, high power graphite electrode, ultra high power graphite electrode), graphite products, recarburizers, etc.!