rp graphite electrode for ladle furnace
According to investigations, due to the sharp increase in mold raw materials and energy prices, product profits in the mold industry fell in 2014. In order to survive and develop, many companies have adopted material switching as a major measure of transformation and development.
It is understood that many companies have introduced graphite EDM materials, which play an extremely important role in mold making. Compared with traditional copper molds, graphite materials have the advantages of high processing accuracy and good surface effects, especially in the processing of mold cavities of precise, complex, thin-walled, and high-hard materials.
Compared with copper, graphite material has the advantages of low consumption, fast discharge speed, light weight and low thermal expansion coefficient. Therefore, it is gradually replacing copper rp graphite electrode for ladle furnace to become the mainstream of electrical discharge machining materials.
In contrast, the rp graphite electrode for ladle furnace material has the following six advantages:
1. Fast speed Graphite discharge is 2-3 times faster than copper, and the material is not easy to deform. It has obvious advantages in the processing of thin rib rp graphite electrode for ladle furnace. The softening point of copper is about 1000 degrees, which is easily deformed by heating. Graphite The sublimation temperature of the graphite material is about 3650 degrees. In comparison, the thermal expansion coefficient of graphite material is only 1/30 of that of copper material.
2. The density of light-weight graphite is only 1/5 of that of copper. When the large-scale rp graphite electrode for ladle furnace is used for electrical discharge machining, it can effectively reduce the burden of the machine tool (EDM) and is more suitable for large-scale mold applications.
3. Low loss. Because the spark oil contains C atoms, during the electrical discharge machining, the high temperature causes the C atoms in the spark oil to be decomposed, and a protective film is formed on the surface of the rp graphite electrode for ladle furnace, which compensates for the rp graphite electrode for ladle. The loss of the furnace.
4. Burr-free copper rp graphite electrode for ladle furnace needs to be manually removed after processing, and there is no burr after graphite processing, which not only saves a lot of cost and manpower, but also makes it easier to achieve automated production.
5. Easy to polish Since the cutting resistance of graphite is only 1/5 of that of copper, it is easier to manually grind and polish in operation.
6. Low cost Due to the continuous increase in the price of copper materials in recent years, the price of homogeneous graphite in all aspects is lower than that of copper; the universality of the same carbon under the same volume, the price of graphite products is 30% lower than that of copper By 60, prices are relatively stable, and short-term price fluctuations are relatively small. As energy conservation, environmental protection and processing efficiency have increasingly become the focus of manufacturing, the advantages of rp graphite electrode for ladle furnace materials will gradually replace copper rp graphite electrode for ladle furnace to play an important role in EDM. Similarly, in today’s increasingly fierce competition in the mold market, the use of advanced processing technology to develop high-quality mold products is the best way for companies to win the market and customers.