The production process of pre-baked anode
1. Raw materials. The pre-baked anode adopts low-ash raw materials. Petroleum coke and residual electrode are used as aggregates. The impurity content is generally not more than 0.5%. The binder is coal tar pitch. Pre-baked anode production has widely used modified pitch or high-temperature pitch as a binder.
2. Calcination. Use rotary kiln or tank calciner at 1250. The petroleum coke is calcined at a high temperature of about C.
3. Crushing and screening. The forged petroleum coke and residual pole are crushed, sieved and ground into different strength materials according to the requirements of the formula, and then put into their respective silos.
4. Ingredients. The ingredients are set by the formula I set. There are two types of pre-baked anode formulas: large particle formula and small particle formula. The maximum particle size of the aggregate is 12mm~15mm. The amount of coal tar pitch varies according to the dry material formula and molding process. Generally, It is 16%~18%.
5. Kneading. A batch-type horizontal double-shaft kneader or a continuous kneader is used to mix and knead the aggregate and the binder to produce a plastic paste.
6. Forming. A special vibration forming unit is used to make the paste into a pre-baked anode green body under high-frequency vibration.
7. Roasting. The roasting heat treatment of the pre-baked anode mostly uses an open ring roasting furnace. The roasting cycle is about 20 days.
8. Cleaning and processing. After roasting, the pre-baked anode carbon block is slightly cleaned, and it can be delivered after passing the inspection.