The reason and treatment method of electrode hard broken
1. Reasons for the hard break of the electrode
(1) The ash content in the electrode paste is too high, or it is improperly stored in normal times, entrained more impurities, and the electrode paste contains less volatile matter, premature sintering or poor sintering properties, causing hard fracture of the electrode.
(2) There are many power outages, often stop and open, and fail to take necessary measures during power outages, which will cause electrode cracking and sintering stratification.
(3) There is a lot of dust falling into the motor shell, especially after a long-term power failure, a thick layer of ash will accumulate in the electrode iron shell. Cause the electrode to break hard.
(4) The power outage time is long, and the electrode working section is not buried in the furnace charge, and it is severely oxidized, which will also cause the electrode to hardly break.
(5) The electrode is too long and the pulling force is too large, which is a burden on the electrode itself. If the operation is careless, it will also cause hard break. If the electrode current density is too large, it will also cause the electrode to dry or hardly break.
(6) The air supply in the electrode holding cylinder is too small or the air is stopped, and the cooling water in the conductive jaw plate is too small, which causes the electrode paste to melt too much and melt like water, causing the particulate carbon material to precipitate, which affects the sintering strength of the electrode. Cause the electrode to break hard.
(7) The operation is not standardized, and the current intensity is too large, which exceeds the carrying capacity of the electrode.
2. Methods to deal with electrode hard break accidents
(1) If the broken end is very long, the blasting professionals should be asked to blast the broken end of the electrode, and then strip it out, lower the electrode to meet the length of the production needs, and roast it according to the previous method.
(2) If the broken end is not long, the broken end can be pulled out or not, and then the electrode is lowered and roasted according to the previous method.