uhp 500mm graphite electrode with low resistivity for arc furnace
Causes and removal methods of burrs in the processing of copper graphite electrode
Datong graphite electrode processing: Red copper is the graphite electrode material that is currently widely used in the field of EDM. The appearance quality and dimensional accuracy of the copper graphite electrode not only affects the accuracy level and dimensional stability of the EDM cavity, but also affects the speed of the EDM. Therefore, the copper graphite electrode plays an important role in the quality of the mold cavity. The role of. The reason for the burrs on the copper graphite electrode and its harm The copper material has good plasticity, which determines that it is easy to produce burrs during the processing and forming process. At the same time, during the processing, the knife is not sharp enough and the processing reserve is unreasonable. , It will also exacerbate the generation of burrs. The presence of burrs on the copper graphite electrode will cause the following hazards:
Affect the accuracy of dimensional inspection results of uhp 500mm graphite electrode with low resistivity for arc furnace, thereby affecting the dimensional accuracy of the workpiece.
Reduce the quality of the shape and appearance of the workpiece.
Due to the high and low burrs of uhp 500mm graphite electrode with low resistivity for arc furnace, it may affect the uniformity of the workpiece size.
In the EDM process, if the graphite electrode burrs fall off in the cavity, it will cause carbon deposits, resulting in poor size and appearance of the cavity. In the precision mold manufacturing process, the mold cavity processing accuracy and appearance quality are required to be high. The above hazards are very fatal, so the burrs on the graphite electrode must be removed. Method for removing burrs from copper uhp 500mm graphite electrode with low resistivity for arc furnace At present, the more common and traditional deburring method in the mold industry is manual deburring after the graphite electrode is processed.
This method not only has high labor intensity and high technical requirements for workers, but also wastes man-hours, low production efficiency, and unstable deburring quality. During the processing of graphite electrode, frequent replacement of new cutters can improve the burr problem, but the cost is too high, and it is not easy to establish a strict standard, and it is not easy to manage. Precision mold manufacturing belongs to multi-variety, single-piece or small batch production, and has extremely high requirements for cavity shape and dimensional accuracy. Therefore, special machinery, electrolysis, electrochemistry and other deburring methods are not suitable for graphite electrode processing. How to remove uhp 500mm graphite electrode with low resistivity for arc furnace burrs in CNC milling. Programming is one of the more demanding tasks in graphite electrode processing. The focus of the programmer’s work is to reasonably determine the graphite electrode processing technology, which is necessary to achieve high quality and high efficiency. And economic graphite electrode processing plays an extremely important role. Process analysis is the more flexible part of uhp 500mm graphite electrode with low resistivity for arc furnace programming, which is affected by many factors such as machine tools, tools, and processed objects (geometric features, materials, etc.). To some extent, it can be considered that process analysis is basically a manifestation of processing experience. Therefore, programmers are required to continuously summarize and accumulate experience in their work to make process analysis more suitable for actual graphite electrode processing needs. After many tests, adding a deburring step in the graphite electrode processing can achieve better results. But pay attention to the following points: 1. Control the direction of the burr. In the graphite electrode processing, a 3-axis vertical machining center is mostly used. The direction of the burr should be controlled as far as possible on the top surface of the uhp 500mm graphite electrode with low resistivity for arc furnace. The direction is perpendicular to the rotation plane of the tool, that is, perpendicular to the cutting direction. Try to avoid burrs on the side of the graphite electrode, parallel to the tool rotation plane.
(A) Vertical and upward burrs
(B) Burr parallel to the rotation plane of the tool
2. Burr vertically upward is more convenient to remove than the burr parallel to the rotation plane of the tool. Therefore, when finishing graphite electrode, the top surface should be processed first, and then the side surface should be processed to achieve the purpose of removing the burrs of uhp 500mm graphite electrode with low resistivity for arc furnace quickly and conveniently.
3. Cutting direction of the tool When the cutting direction of the tool is cutting from the outside of the graphite electrode to the inside, the deburring effect is better. On the contrary, when cutting from the inside to the outside of the graphite electrode, the burrs will be squeezed to the adjacent side and the removal effect is not good.
(A) Cutting from the outside of the graphite electrode to the inside
(B) Cutting from the inside of the uhp 500mm graphite electrode with low resistivity for arc furnace to the outside
3. The reason for the tool is that in the process of cutting from the graphite electrode inside to the outside, there is space for plastic deformation of the burr, while cutting from the outside of the uhp 500mm graphite electrode with low resistivity for arc furnace to the inside, the burr has no space for plastic deformation. Can be cut off.
3. Up and down milling
(A) Down milling
(B) Up milling
When deburring the graphite electrode tool, you should choose down milling to achieve the effect of cutting from the outside of the uhp 500mm graphite electrode with low resistivity for arc furnace to the inside; on the contrary, up-milling will produce the effect of cutting from the inside of the graphite electrode to the outside.
The deburring site should be removed from the root of the burr. There are two types of deburring tool paths, among which, they are divided into plane deburring tool paths and curved surface deburring tool paths. The specific method is:
● Plane deburring can be done by plane milling, and the top surface profile of the graphite electrode can be processed with a flat-bottomed knife.
● Select area milling (areamilling) projection milling method for surface deburring, and select the top surface of graphite electrode for cutarea. The processing method setting and variable step setting should be reasonable, otherwise there will be tool marks on the surface of the graphite electrode.
This method can remove 80% of the burrs on the copper uhp 500mm graphite electrode with low resistivity for arc furnace (some special shapes of graphite electrodes require manual deburring) through promotion on site, effectively reducing the workload of graphite electrode polishing (manual removal). Burr work is generally done by the polishing staff), which reduces the difficulty of processing and improves the quality of graphite electrode processing without adding a lot of processing man-hours. This method is also feasible when processing workpieces of other materials.